Writing a Retirement Letter
At the time of retirement, an employee attends several meetings with Human Resources and Heads of the Department. But nowadays, an employee just speaks to his/her Manager in advance about their retirement and discusses their transfer of job and responsibilities. At the end, a retirement letter is sent to the employer and colleagues to announce it legally. Below are the guidelines to write a professional retirement letter:
- Make sure the format about the letter, like, truly professional.
- Mention the Employer Name, designation and company name at the left top end.
- Address the employer respectfully, like, MR./MRS/MS.
- State the reason of letter writing. Give your designation with company name and tell about your department. Reason of retirement should be there.
- Describe about your tenure with company by putting experiences. Tell your future plans if any.
- Wish success and all the best to your employer.
- Close the letter by offering regards
- Give your name, position and company website if any.
Category: Retirement Letters