Resume cover letters are a good way of standing out among many employees who send their resumes to a company. Cover letters help to reach out to the employer, even before a personal interview, and gives the candidate a chance to mention his qualities and achievements.
Some rules may be followed to write an effective resume cover letter.
- Address your letter to a specific person
- Keep them short and to the point
- Do not ramble about your experiences but highlight only those points which will help you get an interview
- Create a good impression on the employer by mentioning any specific achievement
- Avoid negatives and reasons for leaving your current job
- Do not mention salary, you can keep that part during your personal interview
- Be sincere and enthusiastic about the job
- Show courtesy and gratitude as the recipient would be a busy person and has taken out time for you