How to Write a Christmas Letter
There are no specific rules for writing Christmas letters to celebrate the lively and emotional season. This guideline will show you how to write a Christmas letter that people will actually find relevant and enjoyable to read. I have grouped the points in five categories:
1. Be yourself – use a writing style that can be associated with you. Let the writing be a apart of you and not some strange creations.
2. Avoid extreme modifiers – When referring to recipients of the letter, avoid using references that are outrageous. Be lively and charismatic.
3. Keep in mind your audience – Make the letter you write identify with the lifestyle and locality of the letter’s recipients and not those of your own.
4. Do not brag or exaggerate – State ideas simply and in your own language, presenting things the way they are.
5. Write your letters and sign them by hand – This will give them a sense of personality. Where possible, add a quick personal note at the bottom of the letter to remind the recipient of what is important to you.
Category: Christmas Letters