A farewell is an occasion of extremes. At one end there is grief and sadness because of the departing of someone and on the other end it is a happy occasion as it marks the beginning on new frontiers in life. On such an occasion, the best way to let your thoughts speak is to write a farewell message. Farewell messages are written in accordance with the type of farewell it is. They are generally polite notes which have to contain a bundle of emotions.
Farewell messages can be of various kinds. The following are a few examples:
- Farewell message to friend
- Farewell message to colleague on retirement
- Farewell message to teacher
- Farewell message to student
Sometimes it may not be easy to convey your feelings by putting them into exact words. The following points may be of help for the same purpose:
- Be as brief and as close to the topic as you can. The more the better in this case.
- Good wishes for the future form important part of any farewell message.
- A few incidences of your association with the recipient can be mentioned.
- Don’t forget to mention that you shall miss the recipient.