Consent Letter For International Travel

By | October 4, 2014

When a minor (anyone under the age of 16) needs to travel outside the country alone, or with other minors, then a consent letter for the child travel is required. This letter needs to be written by a parent and handed over to the authority with whom the minor is travelling. If however the parents are divorced then the consent letter needs to be signed by both biological parents. A sample of consent letter for international travel is given below:


Sample Consent Letter For International Travel

To whom it may Concern

Dated: 08.01.2014

Dear Sir/Ma’am

Subject: Consent letter for international travel

I, Olivia Burke, am the biological mother of William Murray (passport no. H-014567976). This is my letter of consent for William to travel outside the country for the purpose of participating in the athletic meet to be held in London on the 15th of August 2014.

I am currently divorced from Fitzgerald Murray, William’s biological father and do not stay with them. It is my understanding that William will join 19 other students of his school team and will be away from home without the presence of either of his parents for a period of 29 days. It has also been brought to my attention that William with the other students will be under the guardianship of his coach and four other teachers and will stay in the Sheraton Towers.

My consent letter stands only if all the above criteria are correct and that I am informed about his activities on regular intervals. I will be available 24×7 on 443-291-4886. Please reach out for any emergencies or information.

Thanking you

Olivia Burke